Monday, April 13, 2009

Monochromatic Baby Boy

Just a quick post tonight to go with this quick, clean and simple card I made for today's clean and simple challenge on SCS. This week's theme was monochromatic colors. I used images from my new DoodleFactory Oh Baby! set from Starving Artistamps for this baby card.

I worked in shades of blue here, starting with a soft blue panel for the card base. I stamped the two different size diaper pins randomly on a white panel in matching blue ink, then layered the panel on a slightly larger navy one for contrast. I attached a matching light blue cardstock strip to the lower portion of the panel, then used my sewing machine to zig zag stitch around the panel for a fun detail.

The "oh baby!" circle sentiment is stamped in navy ink on a blue circle, then layered on a navy scalloped circle. I added a button with blue gingham ribbon threaded through the buttonholes to the center of the sentiment. I haven't used gingham ribbon in a long time! I used to use it all the time and have it in a full range of colors. Might as well use it . . .

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Oh Baby! set (Starving Artistamps); Spring Rain Palette ink, Spring Rain cardstock, button (Papertrey Ink); Night of Navy Classic ink, Night of Navy and Whisper White cardstock, scallop circle punch, blue gingham ribbon, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. This is just so sweet! I love the clean look of this card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips