Sunday, April 12, 2009

Feel Better Times Two

I've spent today stamping and recovering from the very exciting overtime finish to last night's college hockey championship game. I thought Miami University had it pretty much wrapped up when they were ahead by two goals with about 2 1/2 minutes to go. But, Boston University came back to tie the game and then win it in overtime. Wow!

I made two get well cards today. Here's my card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. The use of the spiral punch on this card caught my eye and I hadn't pulled out my Dr. Pea-Nut set in a while, so I ended up basing my card for the challenge on it.

I kept the card's layout pretty much the same as in the original version. The elephant image is colored with Copic markers (still practicing my coloring skills since last week's Copic certification class . . .). I stamped the tissue box on a scrap of paper, colored it, cut it out, and added it to the image panel with a dimensional.

I used some pretty double sided paper from Upsy Daisy Design's Flutter line to create the panels for the cardfront. I layered a pair of delicate felt flowers and a set of petals, securing them with a sparkly brad, as an embellishment at the lower right corner of the image panel.

Materials Used:

other: white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Old Olive and Close to Cocoa cardstock, spiral punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

I made this card for Kristina's latest color challenge--Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White. I love the look of these bold colors together! I thought they'd work nicely with the rainbow image from the Hero Arts Sky's the Limit stamp set. It's not a get well card in the traditional sense, but I think you could use it for that purpose.

I kept the card pretty simple to really highlight the rainbow image. The image is stamped on white cardstock, colored with Copic markers carefully selected to match the paper colors, then cut out. I coated the clouds at the end of each side of the rainbow with glue, then dipped the image in my Dazzling Diamonds glitter for real sparkle. The rainbow's layered on circles using dimensionals.

Like I said before, the rest of the card is pretty simple. I used blocks of the bold colors, matted with black to separate them a little. I accented the stamped image with a pair of black glitter brads and a piece of black glimmer ribbon. I really like this glimmer ribbon--it comes in a bunch of colors and is an easy way to add sparkle to your projects.

Materials Used:

other: white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, and Basic Black cardstock, scallop edge punch, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

3 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous! I adore Dr. Pea-nut!!! He would make any sick patient feel better in no time!
    Lovely colored and lovely dp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so sweet! Love the little elephant and the second card looks like a top pick to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips