Friday, June 5, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 102

This week’s blogger challenge theme is summer. When I was at the Stamping by the Sea convention a few weekends ago, I got the DoodleFactory Great Outdoors set from Starving Artistamps. The outdoor and camping themed images are definitely just right for summertime cards.

I used the tent and nighttime sky image for the focal image on this card. I stamped the tent, moon, and stars first, then masked them with sticky notes. The sky and grass were added over them using a stipple brush and a mixture of inks. I removed the sticky notes, then used Copic markers to color the images in. I added some sparkle to the stars with some Stickles to finish it off.

In keeping with the outdoorsy feel of the card, I used dark brown twill tape on the card, along with a wood button knotted with some twine. The sentiment, “your tent or mine?” fits just above the twill.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Great Outdoors set and Outdoor sentiments (Starving Artistamps); Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Kiwi Kiss, Garden Green, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, and Not Quite Navy Classic inks, Brocade Blue, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, and Kraft cardstock, photo corner punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, distressing tool, stipple brush (Stampin’ Up!); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); Dark Chocolate twill tape, wood button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

This card uses the camper image from the Great Outdoors set along with a portion of one of the large scenic background stamps. I colored the background (except for the sky) and camper with Copic markers for vivid, bright colors. I attached the clouds and the camper to the scene with dimensionals.

I kept the layout on the card simple to keep the focus on the bright scene. I did some faux stitching along one edge of a panel of Pacific Point cardstock, then attached that and the image panel to a kraft card base. I stamped the “Not a happy camper? I’m sorry sentiment to frame one corner of the image.

For more fun takes on this challenge, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Great Outdoors set and Outdoor sentiments (Starving Artistamps); Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Pacific Point and Kraft cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!)

12 comments:

  1. Great job Lori. I love Doodle Factory stuff. You created some great scenes with your images. Cute, cute, cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute, Lori! These images are adorable...love how you colored the scenes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both adorable...love the sentiments and your coloring is impeccable! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute!!! I love these images Lori, and I'm jealous that I didn't get out to the Stamping by the Sea show. Both great cards. Fabulous job coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this are so cute! What adorable stamps great job. Makes me want to go camping NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun cards and great for those summer camp outs. I love the sentiments you used on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are just adorable!!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now why didnt i think to pull out my camping set?? So cool! I love the colors and the doodle factory goodies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both these cards, the sentiments on them are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just might have to order me that tent stamp--it's GREAT!
    Super job--so glad you had time to play!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips