Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fizzy Felt Flowers

Time for just a quick card tonight since I'm still cleaning up from Hurricane Cosmo the crazy dog. I was out last night at a work event and while I was gone, there was a severe thunderstorm. The storm spooked Cosmo and he destroyed a bunch of stuff in my craft room, including one of those sturdy reuseable red bags from Target (with the start of some of my SU! convention swaps in it), the trash bags in both trash cans (full of very tiny paper and ribbon scraps), and a bunch of other assorted stuff. I came home to find an almost hyperventilating dog and a disaster. I got some of it cleaned up, but still have some more straightening to do. He's lucky he's so cute . . .

I made this clean and simple card for Dawn's latest color challenge. The challenge colors were dark chocolate, kraft, cream, and bright pink. I had so much fun making the felt flower embellishments for my flip flop the other day that I tried it again, this time for an embellishment for my card. I am definitely getting some more felt in different colors this weekend! Here I used some bright pink felt that coordinates with the Raspberry Fizz color and the Nestabilities Nested Blossom die set to create this layered flower. I added a brown button to the center as a fun detail.

I used a scrap of patterned paper from Papertrey Ink's Chocolate Remix paper pack , layered on a piece of kraft cardstock, as an anchor for the flower. I added the edge of a die cut Top Note panel along one side of the patterned paper. A segment of one of the sentiment strips from the Around & About Sentiments set is stamped to curve around the felt flower.

Materials Used:
Around & About Sentiments stamp set, Vintage Cream Palette ink, Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Fizz cardstock, Chocolate Remix patterned paper, Dark Chocolate button (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock, Top Note die (Stampin' Up!); twine (Walmart)

6 comments:

  1. What is it with dogs and thunderstorms! And he IS lucky he's cute! Love the felt flower embellishment you made. I can't believe you created something so cute under stress like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the felt flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your use of the top notes die! It really is a fun accent on your card. Super job on the color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips