Friday, June 5, 2009

Mojo Monday and More Verve

I pulled out my Verve stamps for a trio of cards to share today. First up is my card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. Verve’s Father Figure set is probably my favorite set for Father’s Day cards. Here, I used it for a clean and simple square card following the sketch.

I used some striped paper from Basic Grey’s Granola line to pick the colors for my card. I paired the striped piece with a solid navy panel, then layered this on a kraft panel. The seam between the two different papers is covered with some twill tape. I added a trio of brads as a simple embellishment, then layered the panel on an Always Artichoke card base.

The “I’m so glad you’re my Dad” sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip Craft ink on a kraft cardstock piece. I inked around the edges with some Close to Cocoa ink to define them a little so they’d stand out more against the patterned paper background without needing a mat underneath. I used a pinking circle die to make the base for the button embellishment. Using a non-circle shape added a fun element to the card

Materials Used:
Father Figure stamp set (Verve Stamps); Night of Navy and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, Chocolate Chip Craft ink, Always Artichoke, Night of Navy, and Kraft cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Basic Grey-Granola line); circle and pinking circle dies (Nestabilities); button (Papertrey Ink); copper brads (Making Memories); twill (Martha Stewart); twine (Walmart)

This card is for last week’s Viva la Verve sketch challenge with a twist. The twist was lots of threes—three colors of cardstock, three stamp sets, and three types of embellishments. I managed to fit in all of these threes on this one card.

The stamp sets were the easy part! I paired a sentiment from Verve’s Sweet on You set with the heart border from Hundred Hearts and the small heart line from Wild Thing.

I had a harder time getting the three colors of paper to work for me, but I finally figured it out. I used a Pink Pirouette card base, covered with a striped Riding Hood Red panel. I stamped the heart border strip in Pretty in Pink ink on a piece of Pink Pirouette paper to make my own patterned paper for the right side of the card. I embossed a panel of kraft cardstock with the Swiss Dot embossing folder for the panel underneath the sentiment, then added a piece of bold polka dot paper from the Pink Flamingo paper pack across the cardfront.

Since there was a lot going on on the card, I used only three embellishments total. I added a felt heart and matching pale pink button to the top of the sentiment panel. I tied a coordinating strip of Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon around the dotted panel.

Materials Used:
Sweet on You, Hundred Hearts, and Wild Thing stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Riding Hood Red and Pretty in Pink Classic inks, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, Riding Hood Red Patterns and Pink Flamingo designer series papers, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Moonlight White ink (Brilliance); oval dies (Nestabilities); felt heart (American Crafts); pink button (Papertrey Ink)

And, here's my card for this week's Viva La Verve sketch challenge. The twist for this one was to use new stuff. I used my new Plain Jane tree stamp from Verve as my focal image. The tree's colored with Copic markers. I stamped it twice and cut out one image and layered it on top of the other for a dimensional look. The grass and sky were added with ink and a stipple brush. The "thanks" sentiment was stamped in darker green ink to stand out from the grass.
I picked some "old" Basic Grey paper to cover most of my cardfront. The circle pattern on the paper looked nice with the circle pattern in the tree image. I added a partially embossed panel and a ribbon tab to complete the card.
Materials Used:
Circular Sayings stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); markers (Copic); Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Kiwi Kiss, and Baja Breeze Classic inks, Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, stipple brush, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Basic Grey-Pheobe line); green Glaze pen (Sakura); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips