Friday, June 12, 2009

Stella Times Two

I have been neglecting my Stamping Bella stamps for far too long! I pulled out some of my fun Stella images and came up with this pair of fun cards.

I started with this week’s Bellarific Friday sketch. I’ve been meaning to participate in Bellarific Friday for a while now, but I’ve always missed out for some reason or another. I made sure to fit it in this week! I used the Stella Needs a Prezzie image for the focal image on the sketch. Stella is colored with Copic markers and embellished with some Stickles and Spica glitter pens, too.

I used a piece of dotted My Mind’s Eye patterned paper to cover most of the cardfront. I used the orangey-yellow and aqua shades as accent colors, something that I probably wouldn’t have combined without the patterned paper’s colors as inspiration. I attached the stamped image to only the top part of the aqua mat, then slipped the mat behind the paper pierced strip across the cardfront while putting the image on top of the strip. I added a piece of aqua ribbon across the top to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Stella Needs a Prezzie image, sentiment (Stamping Bella); Snow White cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, clear and teal Spica pens (Copic); Aqua Mist and Summer Sunrise cardstock, Aqua Mist satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye); mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin’ Up!); Yellow and Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger); petite oval dies (Nestabilities)


I used Mary Jo’s sketch challenge as the basis for this one. Haven’t done one of these in a while, either!
I colored the Stella with an Olive on Top image to coordinate with the dotted patterned paper from We R Memory Keepers. I added some Yellow Stickles to highlight her crown and star wand.
I set a trio of green self-adhesive rhinestones around the top of the circle panel. A bright red Prima flower with a matching red rhinestone center is at the bottom of the panel. I didn't add a sentiment, but I can think of a few occasions where I might give this card . . .

Materials Used:
Stella with an Olive on Top image (Stamping Bella); Snow White cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Summer Sun and Old Olive cardstock, (Stampin’ Up!); circle dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (We R Memory Keepers); self-adhesive rhinestones (Studio 18); flower (Prima); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); red Glaze pen (Sakura)

4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Lori! Love the Stella images and the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable, Lori!! I love that MME paper...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These made me chuckle! Gotta love Stella!! These are both beautifully done...great cards, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun are these cards. I love the martini girl, I remember those days, lol! Great job on both cards, thanks so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips