Saturday, June 13, 2009

Forever & Always

Lynn is the hostess for this week's sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. I pulled out my elegant Forever & Always stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps for this pretty, shimmery card based on the sketch.

I stamped the large "forever & always" sentiment in Graphite Black ink on a shimmery white cardstock panel. It's layered on a black panel to make it pop.

I found some shiny silver paper in my paper collection to cover most of the gray card base. Unfortunately, the large sentiment panel covers most of the pretty paper! I used a solid silver paper for the panel along the left side of the card. I edged the panel with a simple but bold black scalloped border.

I gathered some gray taffeta ribbon for the embellishments along the sides of the image panel. To gather the ribbon, I gently pulled one thread from the end of the ribbon to "scrunch" it up, then carefully evened out the gathers before setting the pieces on the card. Because of the swirls on the image, I had to reverse the placement of the gathered ribbons from what's on the sketch, but I think it still works!

Materials Used:
Forever & Always stamp set, Brilliance Graphite Black ink (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Basic Gray, Basic Black, and Shimmery White cardstock, scallop edge punch, gray taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up!); silver patterned paper (Stemma); silver paper (Target)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips