Friday, June 12, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 103

This week's blogger challenge is a sketch challenge. I created a Stampin' Up! only card for the challenge using some items from the Last Chance List.

I really like the versatile images in the Big Bold Birthday set and I'm sorry to see it go. I'm glad the coordinating cupcake Sizzlits die will still be around! Here, I stamped the gift image in Regal Rose ink (solid background) and Rose Red (dotted layer). I stamped the bow image on top and added a silver brad accent. The "make a wish" sentiment fit nicely alongside the panel.

I matched the stamped image to the colors in the Raspberry Tart paper pack to get my monochromatic color scheme. I used a strip of patterned paper along the right side of the cardfront. I used the "happy birthday!" sentiment--and my Stamp-a-ma-jig-- from the set to create my own patterned paper strip for across the cardfront. I found that using a little bit of removable adhesive on the back of the panel I was stamping on helped to keep the panel in place and straight so I could line up the image easily and accurately. I layered a pair of felt flowers with a brad and attached them to the corner of the image panel to finish the card.

For more ideas using this sketch, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!)
Big Bold Birthday stamp set, Regal Rose and Rose Red Classic inks, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White cardstock, Raspberry Tart designer series paper, silver brads, Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Flower Fusion and Flower Fusion Too felt flowers

19 comments:

  1. Great stamp-a-ma-jig work, Lori! Love this pink birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty - love the monochromatic pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is VERY cute! Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card. Great use of your Stamp-A-Ma-Jig too!! Lovely color combinations...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute job! I love the pinks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. FIrst of all, love the colors!!! I really like how you made your own patterned paper with the happy birthday stamp. Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors. I'm always interested in seeing how people intrepret the sketch! I like how you kept the left side the base card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pink...it looks fabulous! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card Lori, love the monochromatic pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty take on the sketch. Love the pinks and the use of the felt flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. The colors are so yummy and I am amazed at your use of the stamp-a-ma-jig for your patterned paper (I cannot use that thing for the life of me). Just a really fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty in Pink! Great card! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, very cute. I love the mono-pink look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is sooo cute! The pinks are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The flower fusion flowers are the perfect finishing touch for this card! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh! You made this sketch look so easy....great card. The party theme and monochromatic look work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lori--you did a great job. Love the colors you choose.
    Isn't it great to be able to make our own designer paper with stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun, love this card. You rocked this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job with this sketch!! Love the monochromatic!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips