Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hope Your Day Sparkles

Over the weekend, I posted a card made with a stamped image from Stampendous that featured a trio of sparklers--star shapes attached to a .  I thought I could make my own version pretty easily, so here's my attempt.  Clean and simple, and quick, too.  It took me longer to get my sewing machine set up than it did to actually make the card--LOL!

I used three very sparkly star embellishments from Petaloo that I picked up at the Great American Scrapbooking Convention a few weeks ago.  I also got a bunch of equally sparkly, similarly sized flowers, but I'll save those for another day.  I used my sewing machine to stitch three lines of varying lengths along one end of the card base.  A star is attached at the end of each of these lines with a glue dot. 

The "hope your day sparkles" sentiment comes from the Ready 4 Any Holiday set from Kitchen Sink Stamps.  I'll have some more samples using the newest releases from KSS soon.  In the meantime, check them out in the KSS store--and remember, you can always use the code LORI10KSS to save 10% on your order.  There's a special deal going on for the new sets and you don't want to miss out!

Materials Used:
Ready 4 Any Holiday stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Real Red Classic ink, Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); star embellishments (Petaloo); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Lori...the paper piercing is a great touch and the sparkle in your stars is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips