Monday, July 20, 2009

Kitchen Sink Monday: Welcome Little Girl

Here’s my card for this week’s Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday. I loved the clean, simple design of the pair of baby cards that Angela shared last week, so I took my inspiration from her to create this card.

I stamped the baby shoes in shades of pink ink on a pale pink panel. The first layer is stamped in pigment ink. Like I’ve said before, I find that using a pigment ink for the first layer of these multi-step images helps me to get an even base to start stamping with. I added the “welcome little one” sentiment to the upper right corner of the panel.

I layered the pale pink panel on a deeper rose panel. The layered panels are attached to a white card base that’s edged with an eyelet border punch. This adds an elegant, girlie touch to the card—the perfect complement to the vintage feel of the image. I found some variegated pink ribbon in my collection and wrapped that around the top of the card to complete it.

For more Kitchen Sink inspiration, you can visit the rest of the Kitchen Sink Crew. Here’s where you can find them:
Angela Knopf
Connie McCotter
Dee Jackson
Julie Masse
Lisa Somerville
Lynn McAuley
Makiko Jones
Maria Colosimo, owner

Materials Used:
Multi-step Babies stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose Classic inks, Pretty in Pink Craft ink, Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose cardstock, eyelet border punch (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); ribbon (Michaels)

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful Lori!! I love the shades of pink and that ribbon is awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sweet, sweet card, Lori!! How perfect with the scalloped punched edge and that remarkably amazing ribbon!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, your card is so sweet and pretty!! I love the simple and clean design with the set! What a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card Lori!! Love the ribbon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the added layers! So stinkin adorable. And the ribbon is delish. Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, love the two toned ribbon and your lace punched edge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips