Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mimosa Flowers

Here's my card for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this card. I kept the layout pretty much the same, but put my own twist on the design.

I used a Nestabilities circle die to ink a soft pink circle on my cardfront. I stamped the "thinking of you" sentiment from the Hero Arts All Occasion Messages set in the circle, then embellished it with a sparkly crystal flourish.

I used a trio of papers from SEI's Mimosa line that I got from i {heart} papers to create the flowers to decorate the cardfront. They're cut with the Nestabilities Nested Blossom die and embellished with small circles and coordinating buttons. The button holes are threaded with paper "thread"--a nice change from the twine I've been using a lot of lately.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Hero Arts All Occasion Messages stamp set, Zva Creative small crystal flourish, SEI Mimosa designer papers (Daiquiri, Margarita, Pink Lady) Nestabilities Nested Blossom and Large Circle dies

other: Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink Classic inks, Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose cardstock, sponge dauber, 3/4" circle punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); 7/8" circle punch (EK Success); Melon Berry buttons (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips