Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Animal Stories Meets Cheep Talk

****If you're here for the Paper Craft Planet DT I Brake for Stamps Challenge, scroll down to the next post.****

Today is the unofficial start of this year’s SU! convention in Salt Lake City. I say unofficial because it’s registration day and the opening of Memento Mall. My group was in line bright and *extremely* early this morning to get our goodies, then we headed off to Riverton to visit the SU! home office. I toured it during convention last year, but we decided to go again to see the fabulous displays in the Legacy Room.

Here’s another one of the cards I made to swap at convention (I get bored with mass producing, so I usually end up with a bunch of diferent designs). It combines the branch image from the Cheep Talk set with the round owl image from the new Animal Stories set. The owl needed something to perch on and the branch was a perfect fit!

I used the new In Colors here and some new designer paper, too. The owl was stamped on a separate piece of paper, cut out, then attached to the branch with a dimensional. I added the sentiment below the branch in coordinating Dusty Durango ink.

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Cheep Talk and Animal Stories stamp sets, Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, and Crushed Curry Classic inks, Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, and Very Vanilla cardstock, designer paper, silver brads, dimensional

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making Stampers' Showcase with this cute card, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips