Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Paper Craft Planet Breaks for Stamps

We have another fun challenge for you today. The Paper Craft Planet Super Novas are using images from the Humorous Seniors line from I Brake for Stamps for a sketch challenge (designed by our very own Lynn).

Here's my somewhat twisted version of the sketch. Since the image I was working with, Floating Wilma, is a horizontal one, I flipped the sketch to come up with this.

I colored my swimming senior image using Copic markers and used a stipple brush to add a soft watery backdrop. I picked some wave-patterned papers and embellishments to keep with the water theme. The paper that covers most of the 5" square cardfront is from K & Company's Citronella line--so sparkly! I also embossed a turquoise panel with the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder to use along the right side of the card. I computer-generated the "life's a beach" sentiment to complete the card.

You'll definitely want to check out what the rest of the talented Super Novas came up with using these fun images:

Materials Used:
Floating Wilma image (I Brake for Stamps); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue Classic ink, Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, and Certainly Celery cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, stipple brush, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (K & Company-Citronella line); D'Vine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); white satin ribbon (Target)

3 comments:

  1. Girl! I don't know how you do it and travel! You did a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Didn't know that you caught me when I was floating around...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks very contented! Wish I could join her! Awesome card, Lori... your coloring is fab!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips