Friday, October 9, 2009

Shabby and Chic

*** Scroll down to see my Chicken Girl Designs sneak peek in the post below.***

Here’s are my cards for this month's first two Viva la Verve challenges. This twist for week one was to go shabby chic, which is definitely not my style! I gave it a shot, though, on this feminine baby card.

I started with some Cosmo Cricket designer paper that looked shabby chic to me. The paper is paired with the girl bunny image from Verve’s Practically Perfect stamp set. The bunny is colored with Copic markers and embellished with some pearly accents on her necklace and bow. I used a sponge and some pink ink to ink along the edges of the circle panel. I did a little more inking—this time, direct to paper—on the scallop-edged So Saffron panel along the right side of the card.

A ruffled ribbon piece runs along the edge of the pink panel. I used my sewing machine to stitch the soft pink seam binding in place. The seam binding tape is really light weight and easy to pleat, so it’s a good choice for a detail like this. I had a little room left on the panel to squeeze in the “bundle of love” sentiment.

Materials Used:
Practically Perfect stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, and So Saffron Classic inks, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, and So Saffron cardstock, scallop edge punch, corner rounder (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Cosmo Cricket-Honey Pie line-Ella); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Petal Pink Liquid Pearls (Ranger); white self-adhesive pearl (KaiserCraft); pink seam binding tape (Martha Stewart); sewing machine


Here's my card for this week's sketch. I used the high heeled shoe from Verve's Express Yourself as my focal image and a mostly pink color scheme. This card came together pretty quickly--in less than 30 minutes from start to finish, in fact.

I started with the patterned paper with bold circles and worked from there. It's paired with a berry panel stamped with the dots and stripes image from the Bountiful Backgrounds set. I sponged around the esges of the panel a bit to cover where I didn't stamp so evenly--LOL!

The shoe was stamped on a scrap of berry cardstock, cut out, then attached to the white panel with dimensionals. I fit the "you're so fabulous" sentiment alongside the shoe in matching ink.

Materials Used:
Express Yourself and Bountiful Backgrounds stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Noir Black ink (Palette); Berry Sorbet ink, Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush cardstock, Berry Sorbet satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White cardstock, scallop edge punch, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (K & Company-Citronella Roundos); pink dots (Stamping Bella); Petal Pink Liquid Pearls (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips