Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday Morning Coffee

Happy Saturday! I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend day at home, cleaning up a bit, stamping a bit, and watching some college football (and hockey--later on tonight). I'm not a coffee drinker, so no coffee for me this morning even though I have a coffee-themed card to share.

I made this card using Weekend Sketch Challenge 101. I combined the sketch with some new goodies I got this week from i {heart} papers. The stacked coffee cup image is from Unity's latest Stampin' Store kit, Wonderful . . . You. I stamped the image on cream cardstock and colored it with Copic markers in shades of blues and greens.

I paired the colored image with some patterned paper from October Afternoon's Farm Fresh line. I love their patterned papers--great patterns and colors! A coordinating aqua scallop edged strip runs along the card, underneath the image panel. I added a pair of copper brads to one end of the scalloped panel and a pair of layered flowers to the other end to finish the card.

Materials Used:


other: Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); cream cardstock (Taylored Expressions); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Ripe Avocado cardstock (Papertrey Ink); scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); flowers (Prima); copper brads (Making Memories)

3 comments:

  1. Cute! That's a fabulous color combo. That image makes me want more coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful happy card, Lori! Love it. Thanks for playing!

    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips