Sunday, November 29, 2009

Peaceful Wishes for CPS

Clear & Simple Stamps is sponsoring this week's sketch challenge at Card Positioning Systems. I tried my hand at this week's sketch using the seasonal Peaceful Pines stamp set.

I stamped the set's foliage images multiple times on a cream panel in Ripe Avocado ink to form a branch shape. I inked the edges of the panel using a sponge and some brown ink, then stamped the set's "peaceful wishes" sentiment along the bottom of the panel. I wrestled a piece of red grosgrain ribbon through the loop at the top a small silver bell and knotted the ribbon ends. The bell is attached to the top of the leafy branch image with a glue dot for a fun, seasonal touch.

I combined a pair of glittered My Mind's Eye patterned papers for the panels on the cardfront. The pieces are layered on an aqua card base for a slightly non-traditional twist on holiday card colors.

Materials Used:
Peaceful Pines stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Ripe Avocado ink, Aqua Mist and Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Very Vanilla cardstock, sponge, Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Nestabilities); bell

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Lori, that little bell is an adorable accent on the pine branches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 30. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! That stamp is gorgeous! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips