Thursday, December 24, 2009

I Mint to Tell You

Today's the start of my winter vacation--yay! I plan to be sleeping in a bit, but I have a card to share to start off the morning. Here’s a sweets inspired thank you card for this week’s Technostamper sketch challenge. It uses papers from American Crafts along with the Sweet Tooth stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps.

I paired a candy patterned paper with a striped one, both from the Merrymint line, on the panel that stretches across the cardfront. The striped panel is machine stitched to a chocolate panel for some contrast, then layered on a cranberry card base.

I stamped one of the candy images from the Sweet Tooth set on a scrap of white cardstock, then colored it with Copic markers and glittered it up with a Spica pen before cutting it out. The candy is set on a trio of layered circles, then attached to the upper right corner of the candy patterned paper. I stamped the thank you sentiment in cranberry ink on an aqua panel. These are colors I most likely wouldn’t have put together on my own, but they look great together on the papers! And, how fun to use some decidedly holiday themed papers for a non-holiday thank you.

Materials Used:
Sweet Tooth stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, Clear Spica pen (Copic); Cranberry Crisp Classic ink, Cranberry Crisp and Chocolate Chip cardstock, circle punches (Stampin’ Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (American Crafts-Merrymint line); scalloped circle die (Nestabilities); large white brad (?); foam tape, sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. This made me smile! Very cute. Thanks so much for playing along this week, great job on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips