Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sending You Love

Here's a bright, colorful card for this week's version of Mercy's Tuesday sketch challenge. I got some new stamps from Stamping Bella with a gift certificate that I won and I inked up one of the newbies for this card after I got home from a yummy Chinese food dinner.

I used the cute "sending you love" stamp for the focal image on my card. The image was colored to coordinate with the colors in the new My Mind's Eye Love Me Do Collection Kit. Love the fun colors and patterns in these papers! I layered the image on a red scalloped circle, then spent a little time piecing together the 3 patterned papers to fit the square card base. I always have a hard time with things like this!

Once I had all the papers arranged and attached, I stamped the matching sentiment in black ink along the bottom of the card. I used my heart Nestabilities dies and some red felt to cut out a heart to add to the image panel as an embellishment.

Materials Used:
Sending You Love image (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock, sponge (Stampin' Up!); circle, scalloped circle, and heart dies (Nestabilities); designer papers (My Mind's Eye Love Me Do Collection Kit); red felt

3 comments:

  1. I love this Lori! It's fabulous!! Merry Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! - is it a 6x6? These would be cute to adapt for my kids' valentine card for their teachers. MME paper is the best! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips