Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sweet Winter Wishes

I felt that my selection of red Copic markers was a little bit lacking, so I added a few to my collection recently. I tried them out on these cute mittens, downloaded from Verve Stamps, along with this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I worked on the sketch from memory, so it's a little off, but I think still close enough--LOL! The mittens are colored in red (with some of my new markers) and blue. I made the snowflakes sparkly with a clear Stardust pen and a teeny, tiny rhinestone at the center.

I used some swirly patterned paper for the panel along the right side of the card. The pattern makes me think of falling snowflakes (which I’ve seen more than enough of lately, thank you!). I used Gina K’s new Ocean Mist cardstock for the card base. It’s a pretty good substitute for my beloved retired Cool Caribbean cardstock! I added the "winter wishes" sentiment from Verve's Snow Wonderful set in red ink for a bright pop against the white space.

I didn’t have much room left at the top of the card, so instead of using a more intricate border punch for my red paper strip, I went with a simple plain scalloped edge. There’s a narrow white border across the top of it for just a little contrast. I added a sparkly snowflake to the scalloped strip, accented with a clear rhinestone.

Materials Used:
Winter Mittens digi stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red cardstock, scallop edge border punch, corner rounder (Stampin’ Up); designer paper (Bo Bunny-‘Tis the Season line); acetate snowflake (Me & My Big Ideas); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions)

4 comments:

  1. luv these colors, amazing card, luv your style....Merry Christmas!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!!!
    You make lovely cards!
    Love and happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darling! I love this little digi! Have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this, Lori! Gorgeous colors and that sparkly snowflake is the perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips