Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sweet Treat

I've had these chocolate covered spoons sitting in a plastic bag on my kitchen table for a while, left over from this project. When I saw today's anything but a card challenge on StampTV and this week's challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges, I thought I'd give their plain packaging a little makeover with a simple bag topper.

I used a red panel, punched with my Apron Lace border punch, for the topper base. I layered a piece of Gina K's Ocean Mist cardstock over that and tied a piece of red satin ribbon around the panel.

I combined some images from Gina K's 100% Sweet ( just the spoon from the sundae image) and Warm Winter Wishes stamp sets for the round image panel. The heart on the mug is coated with Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles for some sparkle. After coloring the images, I layered the panel on a red mat, then used foam tape to attach it to the topper. I stamped the "warm winter wishes" sentiment in red on the Ocean Mist paper and added a red rhinestone to complete the topper. Wouldn't these be cute packaged in a mug made from the template in my post below this one?

Materials Used:
Warm Winter Wishes and 100% Sweet stamp sets, Ocean Mist and white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red cardstock, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Nestabilities); red satin ribbon (Target); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); red self-adhesive rhinestone (Darice); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips