Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bring Your Own Sunshine

There’s a new challenge blog focusing on Unity stamps, appropriately called All Things Unity. I created this simple card for the first challenge, which was to make a sunshiney card.

I used a combination of images from the October Kit of the Month, Wherever You Go. The sun, cloud, and rain are a single image. The stamp was colored with markers to get the different colors—not too time consuming. I inked up the coordinating sentiment in a peachy ink, then colored the word “sunshine” with an orange marker for extra emphasis before stamping it on the image panel. It’s hard to see in the photo, but since I knew I wouldn’t have much room for a mat around the image, I softly sponged some ink around the edges to soften the white a bit.

Since the panel was so large, I didn’t do too much else to the rest of the card. I stitched an irregular border around the panel for the cardfront, then layered on the image. I added a button embellished bow to one corner and a pair of coordinating orange buttons to the opposite bottom corner. Definitely sunshiney, isn't it?

Materials Used:
October Kit of the Month-Wherever You Go (Unity Stamp Co.); Apricot Appeal Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise markers, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Tuxedo Black marker (Memento); Pumpkin Pie and Spring Rain buttons, twine (Papertrey Ink); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. Two awesome cards Lori!! I hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love.....perfect card! Thanks for playing along with us xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card babe!! Thanks for playing with us!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips