Thursday, March 11, 2010

You Rock!

I ordered the new You're My Hero stamp set from Taylored Expressions, thinking it would be great for some masculine cards. The set arrived earlier this week and I tried it out on this card using Taylor’s latest sketch challenge.

I used the star patterned paper from the My Mind’s Eye Lil’ Robots collection as my starting point and built my card around that. The rocker image is stamped on a red panel first in white pigment ink, then again, offset just a tiny bit (with the help of my Stamp-a-ma-jig) in red ink for a shadowy look. So cool! I left room at the bottom of the panel for the sentiment.

Since the patterned paper was kind of busy, I kept the rest of the card’s elements fairly simple. I used some turquoise paper scraps along the bottom of the card. The strip closest to the bottom has a row of paper piercings along it—I just flipped it over to get the raised holes to show to add some texture. I added a metallic edged clear star embellishment to the side of the image panel with foam tape. Definitely rockin’!

Materials Used:
You're My Hero stamp set (Taylored Expressions); Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Tempting Turquoise cardstock, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye-Lil’ Robots Collection Kit); silver brads (Making Memories); star embellishment (Lil’ Davies); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips