Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chicken Girl Design Goes Digi

I’m so excited to announce that the Chicken Girl Design line, exclusively available from i {heart} papers, is moving to digistamps! This will allow more frequent releases, more seasonal releases and overall more flexibility. This month we’re launching 9 new images. The complete collection is shown here. Each individual image is only $2.50 or you can get all 9 images as the March Collection for $20. The clear polymer sets will remain available until inventory is depleted.


If you’re new to digi, here is how it works. You buy the stamp and on your emailed order confirmation invoice you will have a little icon that you click to download your file.


Click that, a little box will likely pop up asking you where you want to save your file, save it (I usually make a folder in My Documents or save to my desktop) so you can find it and then open it in Word or your image editor and print it. It's that easy!

Our files are 300 dpi transparent PNG files but if you require a JPEG or other file type, just send Kate an email after you’ve ordered and she’ll work it out.

This is our first attempt at delivering downloadable content through the shopping cart and while it has been tested and tested and tested, there may be a few hiccups. If you experience any issues, please contact Kate and she'll work to resolve it immediately.

So, now that all the technical jibber jabber is over, how about you go look at some amazing creations? Here’s my first card with one of the new digi images. If you’re a regular reader, you probably know by know that I love bunnies. So, I had to play with one of the rabbit images first thing. I love this cute little skateboarding guy! I used this week’s sketch and color suggestions from the i {heart} Copics group at Paper Craft Planet for my card. I printed the image twice on white cardstock so I could color one image, then cut it out and place it over the first with foam tape to make it look more like the little guy's in motion. The skateboarder is colored with Copic markers. I added some white Fun Flock on his little cottontail and some Crystal Stickles to the eggs in his basket, too.

I was going for a spring-like look, so I used a pastel blue panel embossed with polka dots to cover most of the cardfront. I cut a pair of circles from some My Mind’s Eye designer paper for the panels underneath the image. All of the panels are matted with turquoise cardstock—matches the bunny’s overalls nicely! I added some red silk ribbon across the cardfront for a pop of color.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Chicken Girl Design Team to see what they’ve created using the latest additions to the Chicken Girl line. Here’s where to find them:

Christy ~~Judy~~Kate~~Loretta~~Lori (you're here)~~Shelly~~Tammy


Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design Skateboard Bunny digi image, Copic markers (B00, B02, B05, R22, R24, C-3, C-5, BG11, E00, E33, E35, E37, R81, Y26, Y28), Stampendous Cotton Ball White Fun Flock, Ranger Crystal Stickles, QuicKutz Polka Dot embossing folder, Nestabilities circle dies, My Mind’s Eye Abbey Road Whirlybird "Sunshine Girl" Soaring Stripes designer paper, Creative Impressions red 1" silk ribbon

other: Ocean Mist cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Neenah)

7 comments:

  1. That's a really fun boy Easter card, Lori! It's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! That little skater dude is one of my favs. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable. Love how you used circles and your coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Lori! Like how you popped him up for dimension and your coloring is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cute, Lori! Your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. It's great to see a boy Easter card in action!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori
    forget about boy Easter card, I a growup. I think this is just the cuestest. Easter card every.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips