Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm Lucky

I ordered some of the newest Pure Innocence stamps from My Favorite Things and they arrived in the mail yesterday. I inked up the 4-Leaf Clover image for this card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch.

I colored the cute little girly with Copic markers and added some tiny accents with a silver gel pen and some Stickles. I left room on the side of the image panel to stamp one of the set’s coordinating sentiments alongside the image.

The rest of the card uses patterned papers from a DCWV mat stack. Sticking with one pad of paper made it easy to find coordinating colors and patterns. I used a plaid paper to cover most of the cardfront, then a crosshatch pattern for the large panel behind the image and a paper with a little blue and cream in it for the slanted panel for a little contrast. There are lots of layers going on here! Since there were so many layers, I ended up not matting my image panel. It stands out nicely against all of the green. A bit of green satin ribbon finishes off the card.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence 4-Leaf Clover stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Crème de Menthe cardstock (Gina K Designs); Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (DCWV-Flower Shower Spring Matpack); green satin ribbon (Michaels); Lime Green and Crystal Stickles (Ranger); silver gel pen (Sakura)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips