Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chicken Girl Design Goes Digi, Part 2

Did you miss the big Chicken Girl Design announcement this morning? If you did, check out the post below and come right back!

Now that you've gotten your Chicken Girl update, here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge featuring another one of these fun new digi images. This one's called Just a Note. I colored the animals with Copic markers and added a piece of knotted green twill to the upper left corner of the image panel to fill in the white space just a little.

I made a base for the image from a piece of striped designer paper in muted colors. I matted the paper on a celery base and stitched around it with my sewing machine to add some interest. I manipulated the digi image just a little so I could print the "just a note" sentiment separately. It's printed on a scrap of olive green cardstock and attached to the striped panel. The colored image is attached to the cardfront with foam tape.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has done with these new digis. Here's where to find them:

Christy ~~Judy~~Kate~~Loretta~~Lori (you're here)~~Shelly~~Tammy


Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design Just a Note digi image, Copic markers, Upsy Daisy Man About Town-Carter II designer paper, Alexx Kesh green herringbone twill

other: Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); sewing machine; foam tape


4 comments:

  1. VERY cute, Lori! That's my favorite of the non-Easter images and next on my list to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favourite of all the new Chickengirl stamps. I love your colouring and what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips