Thursday, March 4, 2010

You Light Up My Life

I made this card based this week's sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You. We're so excited that Laura, one of the 2S4Y founders, is joining our team at Starving Artistamps! I'm looking forward to working with her.

I used the chandelier image from the DoodleFactory Classic Decor stamp set as my focal image. The chandelier is colored with Copic markers and accented with a combination of Stickles and Liquid Pearls for some shimmer, shine, and sparkle.

I pulled the colors for my card from the combination of colors on the Making Memories striped patterned paper I used at the bottom of my cardfront. I added a little gray to the mix, too. These probably aren't colors I would have combined on my own, but I really like them together. I attached a gray satin button embellished bow to the top of the image panel and used the same ribbon along the top of the designer paper. The "you light up my life" sentiment from the coordinating sentiment set is stamped on a green paper strip. I wanted to stamp it right on the paper, but it would have been lost in the pattern.

Don't forget that you can always use the discount code savetenLT to save 10% on your Starving Artistamps and DoodleFactory stamp purchases at Starving Artistamps.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Classic Decor and Classic Decor Sentiments stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Kiwi Kiss, Basic Gray, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Making Memories); circle dies (Nestabilities); gray satin ribbon (Target); button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Diamond Stickles, Platinum Liquid Pearls (Ranger); foam tape

8 comments:

  1. Ooooooh....I love that chandelier image!! Wonderful card! Great job with Kazan's sketch!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty!! love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love the chandelier! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card! That chandelier stamp and your coloring is amazing! The satin ribbon is the perfect, elegant touch! Thank you for joining us at 2S4Y!
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME!

    Thanks for playing along with us @ 2S4Y. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know that is one of my favorite stamps! So cute with those colors too
    :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips