Monday, April 26, 2010

Hang in There

Here's my card for the latest Wednesday Stamp Club challenge from My Favorite Things. The challenge was to use an MFT set with a tree image, in honor of Earth Day. I hadn't inked up my new Pure Innocence Boy and Dog Tree Swing set yet and I knew it would be perfect for the challenge.

I stamped the image of the boy swinging from the tree on a white panel and colored the image with Copic markers. I used a sponge and a cloud template to ink in a bright blue sky behind him.

I really wanted to keep the focus on the image--and it's kind of large--so I kept the rest of the card pretty simple. I layered the image on a moss panel, then set it on a kraft card base, perfect for an Earth Day challenge. I ran a strip of coordinating moss twill down the left edge of the image panel and stitched it in place with my sewing machine. A pair of wooden button is attached to the bottom of the twine as an accent. The "hang in there" sentiment is stamped on an extended word window punch and attached to the panel with foam tape.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Boy and Dog Tree Swing stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Cool Caribbean Classic ink, Mellow Moss and Kraft cardstock, word window punch (Stampin' Up!); wooden buttons, twine (Papertrey Ink); sage twill tape (Martha Stewart); foam tape; sewing machine

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips