Monday, April 26, 2010

Round & Round Birthday

I have time for just a quick post tonight--a perfect match for my equally quick card. Chloe the cutie puppy and I have had a very rough evening. She seems to think that I am her personal chewing toy and nothing I have tried has seemed to stop her from chomping on me, or my carpet, or the furniture. I'm more than a little frustrated and hoping that tomorrow will be a (much) better day . . .

Anyway, here's the card. I used the Papertrey Ink anniversary set, Round & Round for the images. The round floral image is stamped in Summer Sunrise ink and punched out with a 1 3/4" circle punch. I added some small gems to the flower centers for a little sparkle, then layered the panel on a coordinating big scalloped circle. I added grosgrain ribbon tabs under the panel to add some interest, then set the panel aside.

I stamped the dot border strip twice in Summer Sunrise ink on Lemon Tart cardstock to dress up the plain cardfront. The stamped image panel is layered over the dots with foam tape. I stamped the birthday sentiment along the bottom in Summer Sunrise ink to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Round & Round stamp set, Summer Sunrise ink, Summer Sunrise and Lemon Tart cardstock, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); gem stickers (Martha Stewart); 1 3/4" circle punch (EK Success); big scallop circle die (Nestabilities); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. I love your card! Love the dot background - great way to jazz up the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you just used Summer Sunrise!! Make a set in other colors....would be soo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, bright and cheerful. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I tried cayenne pepper to stop puppy from jumping on counters and trying to grab things off tables. That may work. But you can not use a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this! The colors are perfect, the design is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips