Sunday, April 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop


It's time for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! This month's theme is creations using tissue paper. I've used tissue a few different times for my blog hop projects, so this isn't a new challenge for me. For this month, I used the tissue that came with my latest PTI order (and the new anniversary set, too) to create a set of stamped candles.

I stamped the flower image from the Round and Round set in Summer Sunrise ink on the white tissue paper from my order. I put a piece of plain copy paper underneath the images, then punched each one out with a 1 3/8" circle punch. I used a 1/8" circle punch to make a hole in the center of the circle, then threaded the wick of a tealight candle through the hole and set the stamped tissue on the top of the tealight. I heated the tealights with my heat tool until the wax melted the tissue into the candle. To hold the tissue in place while heating, I use a pair of craft tweezers. I also use the tweezers to move the candle once I've finished heating it--the metal wrap outside of it gets hot from the heat tool! Once they cooled, I glued strips of dotted paper around the candles to pretty them up a bit and hide the metal edges.

I put the candles inside of a slide top box made using a template I designed. Instead of using a stamped or patterned paper panel to decorate the top of the box, I used a craft knife to cut out a window opening. The opening is backed with a piece of clear acetate, recycled from a PTI stamp set.

To finish off the project, I stamped a quick matching tag using more images from the anniversary set. The matching flower pair is stamped in Summer Sunrise ink and the sentiment is stamped over the image in Pure Poppy ink. I added a Summer Sunrise button embellished bow to the circle and a big scalloped circle underneath the image panel to complete the tag, then attached it to the box.

Materials Used:
Round and Round stamp set, Summer Sunrise and Pure Poppy inks, Summer Sunrise and Pure Poppy cardstock, Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper, Summer Sunrise satin ribbon, Pure Poppy button, twine (Papertrey Ink); 1 3/8" and 1 3/4" circle punches (EK Success); big scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); recycled tissue, acetate

55 comments:

  1. Love it!! That makes an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such a neat idea! I love how it turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great project! Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea. This would make a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! A great gift for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very ingenious -- I'd never have thought of doing these candles!!! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh love this package! What an awesome gift to give!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect gift. I love the packaging and the tag. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey GF...your gift idea is beautiful!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, love the gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! Love the little gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project miss Lori! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely storing that tea light idea in my brain for future gift usage, hee! Love the box and the yellow, too...such a sweet little treat for someone! Thanks for sharing your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful, beautiful, creative project!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a neat idea! I've never seen this technique on tea lights, only on big pillar candles. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How creative to use tea light candles!

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Neat idea and what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great project and that stamp from the anniversary set is the perfect complement.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How pretty! I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a wonderful gift! I love it. I may just have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww...this is darling! Love the cheerful yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great gift idea. Love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful project and lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Great use of tissue paper!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute idea for tea lights! Way to rock the tissue paper challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is awesome!!! Your candles look beautiful, and what an awesome box you designed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an absolutely cute idea and great gift idea!! I love the summer sunrise with pure poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your project is beautiful! What a pretty box!

    ReplyDelete
  30. SUPER creative, what a thoughtful and beautiful gift!! :) Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a FUN idea.. I have done the large candles before but NEVER thought to do it with tea light candles. I so must remember this!
    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great idea to use the stamp on the top of the candle! I never would've thought to use tea lights, but yours turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fun and creative idea for a gift. Not to mention gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a wonderful idea! Love the entire look of this set and thank you for the detailed instructions. I feel I could try this and I just love how yours turned out. The matching card just really completes the "set".

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great idea to open up the top of the box and showcase the candles. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Really cute! What a clever gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is an awesome gift! I love this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Totally clever, Lori! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  39. How awesome is this?!?! Thanks for sharing your take on tissue paper with candles!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! I'm amazed by your creativity! THanks for sharing, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Such a great idea, love tealights! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great idea ans so beautifully packaged.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a neat gift. It's so pretty and clever and who doesn't want a pretty candle. Would love to see the template you designed for this.

    ReplyDelete
  44. great idea & gorgeous gift!!! I wouldn't have ever thought of this!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very clever. I didn't know you could use the tissue on the top of the candle. Opens up a whole new area for design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great idea! Love the box you created too!

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a clever idea, Lori. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you for sharing the wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips