Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Drinks Are on Me

I made this fun card for today's SCS sketch challenge. It seemed perfect now that summer's here--or at least it is around here! We've had hot, very humid weather for the last few days. Not my favorite, but it looks like the rest of the week will be better.

I built a simple scene using images from the DoodleFactory Tropics set from Starving Artistamps. I stamped Cliff (a penguin looking fellow) on a white panel, then masked the image with a sticky note and stamped the lounge chair so it looked like he was sitting on it. The images are colored with Copic markers. I added some sand and and airbrushed sky (with masked clouds).

I stamped the same glass that Cliff's holding in his hand 3 more times on small white panels. The images are colored and mounted on red paper to pop. I arranged everything on a 4 1/4" square card base. The "drinks on me" sentiment is stamped on a red ribbon banner and added to the bottom of the image panel, accented with a coordinating blue button. The final touch was some Glossy Accents on each glass image for a glassy look.


Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Tropics and Tropics Sentiments #2 sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pacific Point and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); blue button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Glossy Accents (Ranger); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips