Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pink Thinking of You

Here’s my card for the most recent Viva la Verve sketch/inspiration challenge. This month’s inspiration room is kids’ rooms. I was inspired by the pink and green color scheme in one of the inspiration photos.

I built my card around a piece of pink and green designer paper from SU!’s Raspberry Tart pack. I matted the paper pieces on pale pink cardstock and added them to a rose panel. I stamped one of the medallion images from Verve's Accent Notes stamp set in rose ink for the panel at the (almost) center of my card. It’s hard to see in the photo, but I dotted some Pink Petal Liquid Pearls on the stamped image for a little dimension. The “thinking of you” sentiment is stamped in green and added to the center of the image with foam tape. A piece of rose grosgrain ribbon runs across most of the card. The image panel is layered over the ribbon and accented with some pink rhinestones running just above the top edge of the ribbon.

Materials Used:
Accent Notes stamp set (Verve Stamps); Regal Rose and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White cardstock, Raspberry Tart designer series paper, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, circle punches, corner rounder (Stampin’ Up!); Pink Petal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); pink self-adhesive rhinestones (Darice)

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Love the layout and that is one of my all time favorite SU Designer Papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! Love the gems...they are the perfect touch! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips