Friday, June 18, 2010

Garden Variety Colors

****Scroll down to see my blogger challenge/Friends with Flair post below.***

This week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge was a color challenge using tomato (red), celery (green), and sunshine (yellow). Since the colors were inspired by the colors in Cosmo Cricket’s Garden Variety papers, I figured I’d go with some of my Garden Variety scraps for my card.

I paired my scraps with the Pure Innocence Blooming Good Day set. The little girl is stamped on a white panel, colored with Copic markers, then cut out. It wasn’t my original plan to cut the image out, but I ended up doing just that. I made a tiny scene using some more patterned paper to serve as the grass. I carefully cut out the top of the tiny flower and added that to the scene, too. The water droplets coming from the watering can are highlighted with some Spica pens for a little shimmer and sparkle.

The rest of the card is very simple so that the scene stands out. A piece of flowered paper is underneath the image and a strip of red grosgrain ribbon, accented with a big red button, runs along the top of the patterned panel and underneath the image panel. I added the set’s coordinating sentiment on a round panel overlapping the right side of the scene. I may go back and slip a scallop edged strip underneath the ribbon—still thinking on that one . . .

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Blooming Good Day stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, Clear and Turquoise Spica pens (Copic); Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, and Real Red cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Pure Poppy button (Papertrey Ink); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable- I love your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful set! I love this card, too - so cheery. I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips