Friday, June 18, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 156/Friends with Flair

This week’s blogger challenge is a sketch challenge. Tomorrow’s Chloe the cutie puppy’s last day of puppy kindergarten class, so I made an equally cute card to give to the trainer who has so patiently worked with my super feisty puppy.

I started with the adorable puppy image from Unity’s I Ruff You kit. The puppy is stamped on a white panel and colored with Copic markers. I inked around the edges of the panel with brown ink to soften the white a bit.

I paired the image with some Basic Grey Max & Whiskers designer paper—an obvious choice for a pet themed project! I used a puppy print for the panel covering most of the cardfront, which, unfortunately, is mostly covered by the other panels. I used one of the collection’s solid papers for the panel behind the puppy image.

To add some texture, I stretched a piece of burlap mesh across the cardfront, underneath the image. It’s anchored with two silver brads. I probably should have used larger ones since these kind of got lost in the mesh. I added a simple “thanks” sentiment from Unity's April Stampin’ Store kit, Super Sweet and Stuck on You, to finish off the card. I’ll write a little thank you note from Miss Chloe inside.

And, speaking of Chloe the cutie puppy (or The Chloe Monster as I’ve been calling her because of her Muppet-like look), I haven’t shared a photo of her in a while. Here she is at just 5 months old. She’s still the friendliest, happiest thing and still growing like crazy! Chloe's got quite a fan club in our neighborhood--people see her and come running over to say hello to her. She's also learning more and more each day. Over the past few days, she's really become interested in playing fetch with a ball. Once you throw it, she hops after the ball and runs right back to you with it so she can play some more. She also learned how to jump on to my bed. I'm surprised that took her so long! She's not so wild about jumping down, but I'm sure she'll get more confident about that. And, no, she doesn't sleep in or on my bed. She actually sleeps in the bathroom by her own choice--she likes the cool tile floor.

For more cards using this sketch, you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right. And, for more Unity inspiration, check out the list of Friends with Flair players on the Unity blog.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Company I Ruff You kit and April Stampin’ Store Kit-Super Sweet & Stuck on You, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Couture Cardstock white medium weight Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (E99, YR0000, YR21, YR24, R20), Basic Grey Max and Whiskers designer paper, Nestabilities circle die, Alexx Kesh burlap natural mesh

other: Creamy Caramel Classic ink, Sahara Sand and Kraft cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); brads (Making Memories)

35 comments:

  1. Your puppy is darling. I'm a dog owner and lover too, although my puppies are 11 and 2 so our puppy kindergarten days were long ago. We have several wheaten terriers in our neighborhood. Chloe looks very similar only larger! Great card. I love the burlap mesh. It adds great texture and sobers up some of the cuteness. Great images too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so cute! Love that dog stamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Lori and picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, the BG papers and the Burlap look wonderful with your image. Chloe looks so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling! I love the sweet image and the DSP and the burlap mesh- great card and sweet pic of your puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant card, that little dog is so cute :0)
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and Gorgeous Dog! I just want to love her up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chloe is adorable as is your card. I can't believe that I don't have this Unity kit! Thanks for enabling me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card and puppy. The background on the card is great and I love the burlap strip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dog is sooooooooo cute:) I just want to hug it and play with it! Super cute card too:) GREAT stuff --as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. just perfect for your doggy.
    love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card. I love the sweet doggie image and the mesh you used. Chloe certainly is growing and is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dog card is so cute. I love it! I just wanted hug it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Lori and Chloe is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card and cute puppy too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card! Chloe looks like she is full of spunk! I am sure her teacher earned that beautiful card you made for her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Total cuteness and your puppy is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love him! Or her, didn't read that far I guess! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your puppy is so stinkin' cute and so is your card!!! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How sweet....love that little pup! (The image AND the real one!) Both are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The little doggie is so cute and you coloring is awesome! Great card and embelies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh, lori, your card is as precious as your puppy! happy weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Terrific card Lori! Love the texture that the burlap mesh adds! I really need to stop by your blog more often...your creations are always so wonderful! Your own puppy is just darling! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness...there's a huge resemblance between your pup and that darling stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. absolutely adorable!! and your puppy is too cute. my schnauzer is very fluffy too. lol thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card!! I can see who inspired you to make it!! Your puppy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a darling card! And this puppy of yours is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my word that is adorable...I need that stamp to go with my Max and Whiskers PP.. Your dog is adorable...Love how you embellished with such unique burlap.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG Lori, Chloe is getting so big and your card is so cute!!! The dog stamp with that burlap is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ohhh what a CUTE card and dog! Love the texture you added - WONDERFUL with the sketch challenge! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  30. CAH...UTE!!!!! And, I love your doggie!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh yeah! too cute, big smile on my face too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips