Saturday, June 19, 2010

Shake, Rattle, and Roll

I’m the hostess for this week’s Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. I thought I’d share one of my go-to layouts with you for this week’s challenge. I’m a pretty clean and simple stamper, but I’ve found lots of possibilities in this basic layout (here, and here, and here at the bottom of this post). You can see that I’ve used different shapes for the circle panel depending on the occasion and changed up the placement of the sentiment to get a varied look.

Here’s a new sample using the layout. One of my childhood friends welcomed her second baby boy earlier this week, so I pulled together this quick but cute monochromatic card to send to the family. I used the rattle image from the Papertrey Ink Baby Button Bits set as my focal image. The image is stamped in light blue ink and a darker blue button is attached to the open space at the center.

I used scraps from my scrap collection for the strips across the cardfront. That’s one reason I love this layout—it’s a great one for using up some of those leftover bits and pieces that are lying around. I paired a light blue dotted paper with a darker blue scalloped strip and added a piece of light blue grosgrain ribbon along the seam between the two papers. The “shake, rattle, and roll” sentiment is stamped along the top of the paper strips in darker blue ink. I thought that was a fun change from the usual “welcome, little one” kind of sentiments.

If you have a chance to play along, upload your card to the PCP gallery with the keyword sk061910 so that it can be added to the album with the rest of this week’s creations. I’m off to puppy kindergarten with Chloe the cutie puppy. Today’s the last class in the session and her “graduation”—I hope she makes the grade . . .

Materials Used:
Baby Button Bits stamp set, Spring Rain ink, Enchanted Evening button (Papertrey Ink); Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, and Whisper White cardstock, Bashful Blue Prints designer series paper, Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); Little Boy Blue cardstock (Gina K Designs); circle dies (Nestabilities); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips