Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm Lucky

Here’s my card for this week’s SCS sketch challenge and My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge to use cork or felt on your project. Since I’d just picked up some new felt at the craft store (can you believe I didn’t have white for clouds . . .), I figured I’d go the felt route.

I used the adorable Pure Innocence 4-Leaf Clover as my focal image. She’s colored up with Copic markers. I added a little Stickles sparkle to the little heart in her hair and the clover in her hand, too.

She’s set on a blue sky felt background, complete with green felt die cut grass under her feet and white felt clouds above her in the sky. I stitched the clouds on with my sewing machine to add some texture to the felt. The felt panel is layered on a lightweight piece of white scrap cardstock to give it some support and to make it easier to attach to the cardfront.

The rest of the card’s pretty simple. I used a pair of patterned paper scraps for the panels on the celery card base. I dressed them up with a piece of white ribbon with a button-embellished bow at the end. The set’s “I’m lucky you’re my friend” sentiment fit along the bottom edge of the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence 4-Leaf Clover stamp set, grass and cloud dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue Classic ink, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue cardstock, Bashful Blue Prints designer series paper (Stampin’ Up!); Flower Shower matstack (DCWV); Spring Rain button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Lime Green and Yellow Stickles (Ranger); white ribbon (?); felt; sewing machine; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Back from vacation! :) This card is adorable! Love all the felt and your stitched cloud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! I love the stitched clouds and the Stickles are great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips