Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summertime Winter Wishes

It's been unseasonably and unbelieveably hot (and humid, too) here for the last week or two. In fact, it's been so hot that I switched things up so that Chloe the cutie puppy and I took our long walk early this morning instead of the usual late afternoon/early evening. Given the current weather conditions, it felt nice to pull out some cold weather stamps for this card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. My card's based on this one--my eye was really drawn to its layout.

I kept the winter image/theme the same and made a few adjustments to the layout so it would fit on a standard A2 card instead of a square one. I used two patterned papers from Papertrey Ink's Rustic Snowflakes pack to cover the Aqua Mist cardfront.

For the focal image, I stamped the mittens from PTI's Snowfall stamp set in Aqua Mist ink on white cardstock and carefully cut them out (hope they'll be adding dies for these mittens to their collections!). I stamped a red snowflake on each one and added a tiny rhinestone at the center of the snowflakes. A piece of twine connects them and is threaded through the knotted ribbon that runs across the cardfront. I stamped the "warm winter wishes" sentiment in red ink on a white panel and slipped it underneath the top of the ribbon to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Snowfall stamp set, Aqua Mist ink, Aqua Mist and Spring Moss cardstock, Rustic Snowflakes patterned paper, Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon, twine (Papertrey Ink); Real Red Classic ink, Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips