Monday, June 21, 2010

You Brighten My Day

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. It was based on a sketch with three strips of different length patterned papers--perfect for using up some scraps!

I combined three coordinating scraps of October Afternoon Thrift Shop papers with the pretty classic lamp image from the DoodleFactory Classic Decor set from Starving Artistamps for my card. The lamp is colored with coordinating colors of Copic markers. There's a soft yellow glow around the shade, as if the light was on. I added some dots of Liquid Pearls for a little dimension and shine. I matted the image on a coordinating blue oval.

The papers each have one curved edge to add interest. I arranged the varying sized strips on a pale yellow cardfront, then stamped the "you brighten my day" sentiment along the bottom of the card in matching blue ink.

Be sure to stop back on Wednesday morning starting at 11:00 AM EST to check out the latest releases from Starving Artistamps. The design team and some special guests will be showcasing a brand new line of images from a super talented artist. I'll leave you tonight with a little sneak peek of what's ahead . . .

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Classic Decor and Sentiments Classic Decor stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores ink, Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Barely Banana cardstock, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); Thrift Shop designer paper (October Afternoon); White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips