Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Under the Weather?

Here’s my card for this week’s Hip Hop sketch challenge. I really wanted to use the Heart Times kit I recently got from i {heart} papers, so I had to get creative to fit the sketch elements, but I made it work!

I stamped the kit’s umbrella image twice in black ink on white cardstock and colored the umbrella with Copic markers. I cut out the umbrella top from one of the stamped images so I could position it over the other image with foam tape. The little raindrops above the umbrella are sparkled up with a Turquoise Spica pen.

The sentiment ended up being tricky. When I first tried it, I didn’t like how the words covered part of the umbrella handle. So, I ended up stamping the handle between the words “under” and “the” so I could put the sentiment in place over the image panel using foam tape without breaking the image up. I added a pink button to the left side of the panel as an accent. Tiny dots of Petal Pink Liquid Pearls outline the image panel—and I didn’t smudge or drop the card before they dried!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Heart Times kit, Couture Cardstock medium weight white Copic blending cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15, R83, R85, C-3, C-5) and Turquoise Spica pen, Basic Grey Kioshi button, Ranger Petal Pink Liquid Pearls, May Arts horizontal line pink/white grosgrain ribbon, Nestabilities circle die

other: Aqua Mist cardstock, twine (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is just adorable, Lori. I just love this image coupled with this sentiment. We must have been channeling one another yesterday. I used the same image and sentiment...lol I love your take on it!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips