Monday, June 21, 2010

Fore U

I have another fun golf themed project featuring images from the Golf Pro stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps. I customized a mini pizza box to hold a set of golf tees inside.

To get a masculine look for my project, I made the box from a piece of Kraft Like a Rockstar Green cardstock and secured it with ScorTape. I used a piece of coordinating My Mind’s Eye designer paper with dots in shades of greens and blues to make the panel for the box top.

To keep the box securely closed, I made a simple belly band using some Kraft Like a Rockstar cardstock. The belly band is decorated with the golf ball and tee images from the Golf Pro stamp set. I added the "Fore U" sentiment from the Golf Gent set, stamped in Green with Envy ink, to finish it off.

Inside the box, I added five golf tees. I didn't want them swimming around loose inside of the box, so to secure the tees in place, I created a matching insert. I used a hole punch to make a hole in the top of the insert for each tee. The insert is attached to the sides of the box with ScorTape to stabilize it. I probably should have put some of the same patterned paper I used on the box front on on the front of the insert to dress it up a bit . . .

Materials Used:
Golf Pro and Golf Gent stamp sets, Green with Envy and Perfect Little Black Dress inks, Kraft Like a Rockstar, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green, Kraft Like a Rockstar Brindle, and A Blanc Check cardstock, ScorTape (Clear and Simple Stamps); Smokey Shadow ink (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); silver brad (Making Memories)


For more CSS inspiration, be sure to stop by the CSS iPhone app. I have a project that's perfect for the first day of summer featured there today. You can download the app here for your daily dose of CSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips