Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cutie Patootie Dancer

This card features another one of the DoodleFactory People-Take a Seat images from Starving Artistamps. Here, Cutie Kid Lizzy takes center stage in a super girly card based on this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

I colored the cutie to coordinate with the two glittery patterns of My Mind’s Eye paper that I used on the cardfront. I’ve realized I don’t use purples too often, so I’m making an effort to try to use them a little more. I added a little sparkle to the image with some fine glitter—matches the paper nicely. The cutie’s layered on the round panel using foam tape for some dimension.

The panels are arranged on a soft purple card base. Instead of going all purple, I used some pale green as a contrasting color. The “cutie patootie” sentiment from the Sentiments Baby set is stamped at the bottom of the card in a plum ink to finish the sweet, feminine card.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory People-Take a Seat and Sentiments Baby stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Plum Pudding ink, Spring Moss cardstock, Spring Moss satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Lovely Lavender cardstock (Gina K Designs); Penny Lane designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); Dazzling Diamonds, corner rounder (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape; Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips