Monday, August 23, 2010

Celebrate Good Times

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. It was a color challenge using turquoise, white, and kraft. I ended up with a few more large layers than I'd usually use on a clean and simple card, but I think it still qualifies.

I used the balloon pair image from Verve's new Birthday Bash set (ordered on Friday night, arrived today--pretty fantastic shipping!). The balloons are colored turquoise with Copic markers. I stamped them a second time so I could cut them out and pop them up on foam tape for a "floatier" look.

I layered the image panel on a kraft dot embossed panel. The sentiment is stamped on a notched edge panel and embellished with a pair of silver brads for a little sparkle. I layered the kraft panel on a slightly larger white one, then on a turquoise card base. Quick and fun--good times!

I'm off to pay undivided attention to Chloe the cutie puppy. Somehow after a full hour at the dog park with a whole bunch of other dogs (followed by a walk home and a rinse in the tub), she still has loads of energy to burn. Amazing!

Materials Used:
Birthday Bash stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Tempting Turquoise and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle die (Spellbinders); silver brads (Making Memories); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Lori...this color combination is really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fabulous! Love those turquoise balloons!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips