Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm Here for You

Saturday brings a new sketch challenge over on the Planet, this week courtesy of Kim. I really wanted to use an image from the DoodleFactory People-Take a Seat stamps from Starving Artistamps that arrived in my mailbox yesterday, so I sort of stretched my interpretation of the sketch a bit to make my image fit. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I colored Casey, one of the Cutie Kids, with Copic markers and carefully cut her out for my focal image. She's set on a striped sky background. A strip of border punched grass is attached along the bottom of the striped panel for her to sit on. I stamped the "here for you" sentiment on the grass strip and dressed it up with some red stitched ribbon. The mini scene is set on the center of a red dotted paper, then on the aqua cardfront.

If you play along with this week's sketch challenge, please upload your card to the Paper Craft Planet gallery using the keyword sk082110 so it can be added to the album with the rest of this week's sketch-inspired creations.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory People-Take a Seat (Casey Cutie Kid) and Here for You sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Kiwi Kiss cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papetrey Ink); Lil' Man designer papers (Cosmo Cricket); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); red stitched grosgrain ribbon (Creative Impressions); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. This is great Lori and so creative how you used the ribbon for her to sit on - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori this is so sweet. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips