Sunday, August 22, 2010

Knowledge Is Power

Since I was a little girl, I've always loved to read. I'm one of those people who's always in the middle of a book and has at least one or two more by their side, waiting to be started. Given all of that, the I {Heart} Books set from My Favorite Things was a must have for my collection. I used it for my card for this week’s “hit the books” themed Wednesday Stamp Club challenge along with this week’s Color Throwdown challenge colors (Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, and Kraft).

I started with a simple kraft base and built a tiny scene using one of the reader images from the set and the Dienamics tree and grass dies. To add texture, I cut the grass from green felt. The grass and die cut/embossed tree are layered on a Soft Sky background. The reader is colored with Copic markers and set on the scene with foam tape.

I added a strip of brown ribbon just beneath the scene panel and a strip of celery cardstock along the bottom of the card. They helped to ground the image panel a bit on the cardfront. The set’s “knowledge is power” sentiment is stamped along the side of the scene—it just fit underneath the leafy tree!

Materials Used:
I {Heart} Books stamp set, Dienamics grass and tree dies, green felt (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, and Crumb Cake cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. Lovely copic work. The image is a bit unsettling and I kept looking at it wondering what it was that seemed strange, then I realized it appears the boy had acquired the power to levitate trees.
    Maybe I've been reading to much Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips