Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sew Lovely

Happy weekend! It was a long week at work so I'm planning to spend a relaxing weekend with Chloe the cutie puppy. A trip to the dog park is in the plans, as is a trip to the store to pick up yet another new watch. Since Chloe's arrival, she's managed to break not just one, but two watches (and I somehow dropped a third in the driveway, where it was run over and squished beyond repair). Definitely not the kind of expense I anticipated with a new puppy . . .

Anyway, here’s another creation using Lawn Fawn stamps. I combined images from the Sew Lovely set with this week’s Mojo Monday sketch for this fun card. I used a bunch of different patterned papers from BoBunny’s Peacock Lane collection for my card to tie it all together. I love the combination of patterns and colors in this collection! For the focal image I paper pieced the set’s dress form image using some green grid patterned paper. The image panel is matted on a bold purple panel, then set on a striped paper panel. I added a strip of notched edge grosgrain ribbon and a twine-threaded button as accents.

I used a scallop edge die to cut the large scallops from the end of the gray dotted paper that covers most of the card. A strip of green cardstock runs across the top of the card, underneath the scallops, matching the color of the dress form. I dotted some silver Liquid Pearls on, matching the dots in the patterned paper. The set’s “you’re sew lovely” sentiment was stamped on a scrap of cardstock and attached at the bottom of the card using foam tape.

Materials Used:
Sew Lovely stamp set (Lawn Fawn); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Simply Chartreuse grosgrain ribbon, Hawaiian Shores button, twine, large scallop die (Papertrey Ink); Vibrant Violet cardstock (Gina K Designs); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Peacock Lane designer papers (BoBunny); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips