Saturday, September 4, 2010

Backlit Blooms Thank You

Starving Artistamps is sponsoring this month’s sketch challenge at Rubber Stamp Chat. Here’s my version of the sketch, using one of the newest releases, the Daisy set from the DoodleFactory Backlit Blooms collection. The sets are designed to be very versatile. The floral images can be stamped as is for a pretty silhouette image or the stems can be used as bases for the many pretty paper flowers we all have in our collections.

I went with a silhouette image on my card. To get the watercolor-like look for my image, I colored directly on my stamp with Copic markers. Once I’d finished coloring, I remoistened the inks with a quick spritz of rubbing alcohol, then stamped the image on a piece of white cardstock. As soon as I was finished stamping, I wiped down the stamp to remove any alcohol residue and then used a stamp conditioning cleaner over the rubber. This minimal exposure to the alcohol should not do damage to your stamps as long as you clean them right away. I added the set’s “thank you” sentiment along the side of the image panel in a coordinating green dye ink.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I layered the image on a yellow mat, then used foam tape to set it on a piece of patterned paper with colors similar to those I used for the image. I ran a pair of green grosgrain ribbon strips across the cardfront. The top ribbon strip is accented with a matching satin button-embellished bow. The bottom strip simply has a button attached. I rifled through my button stash to find a pair of buttons that were not only the same color, but the same style (somewhat of a challenge . . .).

Starving Artistamps is offering a generous prize package to one lucky participant in this month’s RSC sketch challenge, so be sure to stop by and check it out.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Backlit Blooms Daisy stamp set (Starving Artistamps); markers (Copic); Wild Daffodil cardstock (Gina K Designs); Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Wild Raspberry designer paper (K & Company); Ripe Avocado ink, Ripe Avocado grosgrain ribbon, Ripe Avocado Satin ribbon, Harvest Gold buttons, twine (Papertrey Ink); foam tape; rubbing alcohol

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips