Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shoot for the Moon

It's been a lazy Saturday around here. It was a beautiful morning, so I took Chloe the cutie puppy for a super long walk, then went out to run a few errands. I got Chloe a fun new toy that so far is keeping her busy. It has food inside and she has to figure out how to get it out. She's pretty persistent when there's food at stake--LOL! After lunch, I decided to take a short nap, which ended up being much longer than I'd planned. I guess I was tired!

After I woke up, I put together this quick card using this week's Color Throwdown colors, Kraft, So Saffron, and Chocolate Chip. It also fits this week's Ippity back to school themed challenge (once I explain my thought process . . .).

I stamped the moon and star image in So Saffron ink on a piece of a cream Top Note die cut. The die cut is set against the right edge of the cardfront, leaving space for some embellishments. I added a strip of So Saffron grosgrain ribbon knotted along the top of the stamped panel. The moons in the stamped image are filled in with Yellow Stickles. In hindsight, I'd probably have left that off, but it's done now . . .

I stamped the "shoot for the moon" sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink (after first stamping it in Close to Cocoa--good thing there's two sides to the paper) and layered the sentiment on a Chocolate Chip mat before attaching it to the card with foam tape. I thought that the sentiment has an encouraging message that's perfect for the start of the school year.

Materials Used:
Moon Beam and Heart Strings stamp set (Ippity); So Saffron and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Top Note die, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); 1 3/4" circle punch (EK Success); circle die (Spellbinders); Yellow Stickles (Ranger)

2 comments:

  1. I like how you used the partial top note shape to show off your hanging stars. Cute use of the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! Sorry I'm just commenting on this! I couldn't let it slip by because it's so great! So nice to see how you put these colors to use! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips