Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hut Sweet Hut

***Scroll down for my post featuring the new Stamp of the Month from Clear and Simple Stamps.***

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. It features a fun image from the Juniper and Jupiter Go to the Beach set from Starving Artistamps. I thought I'd try to get one more beachy card in before the official end to the vacation season this weekend.

I colored the crab shack image with Copic markers, trying for a somewhat weathered look. Once I finished coloring, I used a combination of fine tipped scissors and a too-dull craft knife (note to self--need new blades or a new knife!) to cut out the shack. It's set on a blue panel with a "sandy" kraft base using foam tape.

To keep the attention on the crab shack image, I decided to use an embossed panel instead of patterned paper for the angled panel that's partially hidden by the image panel. I embossed a piece of old Brocade Blue cardstock with a swirly, wave-like pattern, then rubbed the raised portion of the image with shimmery white ink. I stamped the "hut sweet hut" sentiment on the embossed panel in black ink. The panels are layered on a plain kraft panel, then on a blue card base.

Materials Used:
Juniper and Jupiter Go to the Beach and Tropics Sentiments stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red, Brocade Blue, and Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Moonlight White ink (Brilliance); D'Vine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips