Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sun-Filled Days

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I used one of my favorite sets, Sunshine Cheer for this sweet, cheerful card.

I started by stamping the cloud image in black ink. I masked the stamped image, then stamped the sun image. The images are colored with Copic markers. I stamped the cloud and the sun’s center a second time on white cardstock scraps, colored them, and cut them out. They’re attached to the image panel using foam tape to add some dimension. I used my airbrush tool to add a super soft blue sky around the images.

I tried a few patterned paper combinations before settling on the Pink Paislee 365 Degree papers I used for the cardfront. The other patterns I used seemed to be too busy for my simple scene. The subtle, weathered pattern on these papers worked nicely. I stamped the sentiment directly on the light blue patterned paper and added a trio of buttons in the lower left corner of the image panel. I cheated a little and used my white pen to draw a thread for the buttonholes. The final touch was added a light coating of Crystal Stickles to the cloud. I’ve learned from experience to do this last to save myself from smearing sparkly stuff all over the rest of my project . . .

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Sunshine Cheer stamp set (currently out of stock), Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (B0000, B21, Y11, Y13, Y17, Y18, R21), Pink Paislee 365 Degrees patterned paper, Basic Grey Kioshi buttons, Ranger Crystal Stickles and Inkssentials white pen

other: Daffodil Delight cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely card. I like how you put it all together. That cute sun is the main attraction in that card. I also like the bright colors that you choose.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips