Sunday, September 26, 2010

Paradise

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this card that also features a sailboat image. I used the boat image from the Juniper and Jupiter Go to the Beach collection from Starving Artistamps for my version of the card.

The boat is carefully cut out (my new, super-sharp craft knife really helped here) and added to the watery scene. I used two different colors of scallop edged papers for the water, layered with foam tape on a lighter blue background panel. The darker blue scallop edged strip is wrapped with some red and white baker's twine that's secured with a blue button. I added the "another day in paradise" sentiment to the panel, too.

The card had a lot of open space at the top, so I decided to fill some of it in. I die cut a sun and a cloud from felt to add to the sky to complete my summery scene.

Materials Used:
Juniper and Jupiter Go to the Beach, Tropics Sentiments stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, and Bashful Blue cardstock, scallop border punch (Stampin' Up!); sun, cloud dies (My Favorite Things); Enchanted Evening and Lemon Tart buttons (Papertrey Ink); baker's twine (The Twinery); foam tape; felt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips