Sunday, September 26, 2010

Spooky Window

I'm getting Sunday off to a spooky start with my card for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge, courtesy of Wendy. Her sketch includes a nice, big window for a sentiment along with an accent at the window's edge.

I made this simple but fun Halloween card using a large sentiment from a Unity kit (I think it's a retired one) in the window. The "spooky" is stamped tone on tone in orange ink.

The window's visible through a cardfront that's covered with some dotted paper. I added a ribbon to the top of the panel and slid a drippy goo punched strip underneath the ribbon. There's a limited amount of time each year that I can use this punch, so I'm going to try to squeeze it in on a few cards over the upcoming weeks--LOL!

I framed the window with a purple border. A sparkly chipboard spider web is at the bottom of the window. I added a spider button as a fun accent. I got a big bag of these (with some bats mixed in), so you'll probably be seeing a few of these guys around soon, too.

If you play along with this week's sketch challenge, be sure to use the keyword sk092510 when you upload your card to the PCP gallery so your card can be added to the album with the rest of this week's creations.

Materials Used:
Oh Spooky Day stamp set (Unity Stamp Co.); Orange Zest ink (Papertrey Ink); Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Halloween designer paper (Michaels); circle dies (Spellbinders); Spooktacular Chipbox (K & Company); Drippy Goo border punch (Martha Stewart); black satin ribbon (Target); spider button

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips